Procedure for external students (Applicable only to Indian nationals studying in India.):
1. The student himself/herself has to find a Supervisor in IIT Bombay according to his/her stream and the Supervisor's consent to supervise his/her project work is to be sought.
2. After the Supervisor agrees to supervise his/her project work, he/she can get the form from the Academic Office/download from the IIT Website. (http://www.iitb.ac.in/newacadhome/toTraining.jsp)
3.The duly filled application form signed by the student, Principal/Director of the College, Guide & Head of the Department, IIT Bombay is to be submitted to the Academic Office along with the recommendation letter from his/her College Principal/Director and two recent photographs.
4.On receipt of the form, his/her request will be processed further for obtaining approval of the Competent Authority. After approval, he/she will be informed to make appropriate payment to the Cash Section, IIT Bombay at the rates given below :
5. After paying the fees, the student has to submit the original form and original receipt of payment of fees to the Academic Office. Then he/she may be asked to go the Security Section to obtain the Application Form for Identity Card which he/she has to fill and get it verified from the Academic Office to submit the same to the Security Section, IIT Bombay.
6. The student will be permitted to use the library facilities as per rules by using this temporary Identity Card.
7. Due to shortage of hostel rooms no Hostel Accommodation will be provided. Interns need to make own arrangements for stay in Bombay.
8.On completion of the project work, the student has to submit a completion certificate form the Guide when he/she certifies completion of project work satisfactorily with relevant details.
9.On receipt of the same, Academic Office will issue a Project Completion Certificate to the concerned student.