IDC, IIT Bombay
Honorary Professor, School of Biomedical Engineering,
- M.Sc. degree in Physiology with specialization in Ergonomics and Work
Physiology, from the University of Calcutta.
- Ph.D. in Physiology in the area of Ergonomics, from the same University.
- Product Ergonomics,
- Consumer ergonomics,
- Workstation design,
- Manual Material Handling,
- Musculoskeletal Disorders,
- Automobile Ergonomics,
- Products for the Physically Handicapped.
Awards and Fellowship:
- Received the UNDP Fellowship (1981) for working at different institutions
abroad, for a period of 10 months.
- Received 'Prof. J.N.Maitra' Memorial Gold Medal award in the Indian
Science Congress, The Physiological Society of India, 1998, for his
contribution in Ergonomics
- Visiting Faculty to several universities in India like SNDT College
of Home Science, Mumbai, Vidyasagar University and the University of
Calcutta, West Bengal, SJRCE, Mysore, etc.
- Appointed as a faculty of the Tufts University, USA. in 1991 for six
months for conducting Ergonomic-Design classes.
- Invited as a visiting faculty at the Department of Human Sciences,
University of Lulea, Sweden, on October, 1999,
Sponsored and Consultancy projects:
- DST, MHRD, AICTE, Min. of Social Welfare, etc.
- Godrej &
Boyce Mfg Co.,
- Indian Diamond Institute,
- Eureka Forbes Ltd.,
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd,
- Bajaj Auto Ltd.
- Postmaster General India,
- Indian Railways,
- Johnson & Johnson Limited-India,
- Trend Moulded Furniture, etc.
Member of the editorial board:
- Saudi Journal of Disability and Rehabilitation, Saudi Arabia,
- Indian Journal of Physiology and Allied Sciences, India,
- Journal published by Institution of Engineers, Calcutta.
- Referee- Journal Applied Ergonomics, U.K.
- Published fourteen papers in International journals,
- seven popular articles in the area of Ergonomics/Human Factors and
- presented papers in more than 50 seminars and conferences both at
National and International level.
Industrial Design Centre,
Indian Institute of technology,
Powai, Mumbai 400076