IDC, IIT Bombay
- 2008 'The Kaavad phenomenon', an illustrated talk at the India
International Centre organised by the Delhi Crafts Council, Craft
Revival Trust and IIC, sponsored by Anjana Somany Foundation.
- 2007 Presented ‘Mukand and Riaz’ at the RISD Honors Program, Rome Italy
- 2007 Presented ‘Mukand and Riaz’ at the David Sasoon Library, KALA GHODA Festival, Mumbai
- 2005 Presented the animation films made for UNESCO Israel in Tel Aviv for the public. Tel Aviv, ISRAEL
- 2005 Poster presentation on the E-Kaavad at the INCLUDE 2005 conference, Royal College of Art, London, UK
- 2004 ‘Repurposing Tools of Learning’, a presentation made at an international workshop for participants of developing countries, organized by NID.
- 2003 ‘Traveling Stories’, a presentation made to students of Glorianna Davenport’s class on Experiences in Interactive Art, Centre for Advanced Visual Studies, MIT, USA
- 2002 ‘Traveling Stories’, Paper presented at the international conference Sutra, organized jointly with MIT Media Lab and Media Lab Asia and NID.
- 2002 ‘To lead or to Follow’, a presentation of New Media work at NID at the CII-NID Design Summit, Delhi
- 2001 Invited to present NID student work and Indian animation at the International conference KISKAKAS, organized by the Hungarian University, Budapest, Hungary
- 1992 Represented the Institute at an international symposium in Urbino, Italy. Presented the NID curriculum and an invited paper on problems of teaching animation in a country like India, titled, Frame by Frame.
- 1991 A public lecture on animation at the India International Centre, New Delhi
- 2007 ANIMATED EXETER, EXETER, UK : Fabric Fantasia, Conducted an Animation workshop with Joan Ashworth (RCA) for children and their Families.
- 2007 ICOGRADA, DESIGN LOCAL, IDC IIT Bombay: Storytelling workshop in collaboration with Ruth Klotzel, Brazil
- 2006 CONVIVIO 2006 SUMMER SCHOOL, EDINBURGH: Technology, Enjoying or Enduring it? A two week workshop on Sharing Stories, Co teaching with Dr Anxo Roibas, University of Brighton
- 2005 DPEP (DISTRICT PRIMARY EDUCATION PROGRAMME) & SSA (SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN) TLM (Teaching Learning Material) Workshop for Primary Education teachers, Gandhinagar district.
- 2003 BAMBOO AND CANE DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE, AGARTALA Conducted a 3 day workshop ‘Making sounds with Bamboo’ for a group of 20 artisan students
- 2003 INDUSTRY PROJECTS AND PROGRAMMES, NID, AHMEDABAD Resource faculty, slide presentation on ‘History of Interactivity’ to participants of Usability Workshop
- 2002 DISTRICT PRIMARY EDUCATION PROGRAMME, LUCKNOW Conducted a 3 day workshop on ‘Storytelling as a teaching tool’ for Primary School teachers.
- 2001 INDUSTRY PROJECTS AND PROGRAMMES, NID Conducted a 5 day workshop on ‘ New Media for Primary Education’, for primary school teachers from different parts of the country.
- 2000 CHALCHITRA ACADEMY, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM A 3 day workshop on cut out Animation for students from Kerala
- 1994 BAL BHAVAN, NEW DELHI A 4-day animation workshop with Binita Desai for children from age 8-16
- 1993 CENTRE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF IMAGING TECHNOLOGY, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM A 10-day animation workshop for 20 participants, including scientists, science communicators, artists, art students and art historian
- 1991 LAWRENCE SCHOOL, SANAWAR, HIMACHAL PRADESH A ten day workshop in animation with Binita Desai for students from class 5 to class 12
- 1990 KENT STATE UNIVERSITY, OHIO, USA Visiting Faculty, Conducted a week long workshop titled 'THE BOOK IN MOTION' for senior graphic design students with Jan Baker
- 1990 RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN, R.I, USA. Visiting Faculty, Screenings of films and discussions, one day workshop titled 'POCKET MOVIE WORKSHOP'
- 1988 NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DESIGN Coordinator Model-Animation Workshop conducted by Joan Ashworth and Cathy Greenhalgh (U.K)
- 1984 Teaching assistant, Animation Workshop for graphic artists from Indian TV stations at NID.
- 2008 The Makers of Tales 10mins (Video film on the Kaavad tradition)
- 2007 ‘Best Friends’ Story and Book Illustration, TULIKA Publishers, Chennai, India
- 2007 ‘Mukand and Riaz’ Story and Book Illustration, TULIKA Publishers, Chennai, India
- 2006 ‘Sameer’s House’ Book Illustration, TULIKA Publishers, Chennai, India
- 2005 MUKAND AND RIAZ 8mins 34 secs. (Textiles, embroidery and Computer animation) Made for the Big Small People Project, UNESCO, Israel Script, Design and Direction
- 2005 ‘My Mother’s Sari’ Book Illustration NORTH- SOUTH Publishers, New York, London
- 2004 ‘The Boy who loved Colour’ Book Illustration TULIKA Publishers, Chennai, India 2000 All About Nothing’ Concept and Book Illustration TULIKA Publishers, Chennai, India
- 1999-2000 Channel identity for TARA Marathi channel, 15 secs. (Live and Computer Animation) Client: Broadcast World Wide Project Head, Concept and Direction
- 1999-2000 Channel identity for TARA Gujarati channel, 15 secs. (Live and Computer Animation) Client: Broadcast World Wide Project Head, Concept and Direction
- 1999-2000 Channel identity for TARA Bengali channel, 15 secs. (Live and Computer Animation) Client: Broadcast World Wide Project Head
- 1998 Channel identity for DD News, 15 secs. (Computer Animation) Client: Prasar Bharati Team Leader for Animation
- 1998 Channel identity for DD Sports, 15 secs. (Computer Animation) Client: Prasar Bharati Team Leader for Animation
- 1998 Channel identity for DD National, 20 secs. (Computer Animation) Client: Prasar Bharati Concept & Direction
- 1994 PATENTS FOR PROGRESS, 10 mins, Video format, English Client: Office of the Patent Information System, Ministry of Industry, Government of India, New Delhi (Computer Animation)
- 1992 DISCOVERY OF INDIA Visualizer for the gallery 'Continuity and Change' Client: Nehru Centre, Bombay (Exhibition Design)
- 1991 MADHYA PRADESH FILM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION Signature tune, 10 secs, 35mm, Colour Client: MPFDC Bhopal (Animation)
- 1990 ALL INDIA HANDICRAFTS WEEK A Poster Client: Ministry of Textiles, New Delhi (Graphic Design)
- 1990 ONE DAY IN FATHEPUR SIKRI - 6 mins, 35mm, colour Client: Nehru Centre, Bombay Screened at the Discovery of India Exposition, Bombay (Animation)
- 1989-90 ALL ABOUT NOTHING 10 mins, 35mm, colour Client: Nehru Centre, Bombay Screened at the Discovery of India Exposition Bombay (Animation)
- 1989 DISCOVERY OF INDIA Concept visualization of the Mughal Gallery Client: Nehru Centre, Bombay (Exhibition Design)
- 1988 BHADTE KADAM (Growing up) Four Modules - Hindi (Animation & Live action) ATTHARA HI KYON? (Why 18) 8.30 mins, 35mm, colour GARBHAVASTHA AUR PRASAV (Pregnancy and Labour) 8.30 mins, 35 mm, colour MAASIK-DHARMA (Menstruation)8mins, 35mm, colour SHISHU-VIKAS(Child-development) 10 mins,35 mm, colour Client: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Screened and distributed at 649 health centres in India
- 1987 A SUMMER STORY 5 mins, 35mm, B/W Client: National Institute of Design Screened at Bristol Animation Festival U.K (Animation)
Articles and Papers :
- 2008 'Using Digital Media for the Study and Documentation of Kaavad
Tradition in Rajasthan' A Paper presentation at the 31st Indian
Folklore Congress and International Conference' - February 18-21, 2008
at Shantiniketan, W Bengal.
- 2006 ‘Whats the story?’, PUBLIC SERVICE REVIEW: TRANSPORT, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND THE REGIONS, UK Co-authored with Dr Anxo Roibas, University of Brighton, UK
- 2005 ‘Claiming Animation for India’, ANIMAC, SPAIN 2005 ‘The Challenges of a Sleeping Giant’, vol. XXI # 4 DESIGN ISSUES, USA
- 1994 ‘A Student Remembers’ , contribution to a book NASREEN IN RETROSPECT,
- 1992 'Frame by Frame', A paper prepared for a symposium on teaching animation in Urbino, Italy, NID Publications 'Quick on the Draw' TIMES OF INDIA '92
- 1984-1989 'Castles in the air' DESIGNFOLIO 8 NID'89 'What's the story' CINEMA ACTION, France,'88 'An animator's story' INDIAN EXPRESS, Ahmedabad'88 'About myself, about my work' WOMEN IN DESIGN, Rizzoli, New York'87. 'New directions in Indian animation' SUNDAY SENTINEL, Guwahati'84.
- 2002 Organized the International Conference, SUTRA, Storytelling in the Digital Age at NID in collaboration with Glorianna Davenport, MIT Media Lab, USA.
Industrial Design Centre,
Indian Institute of Technology,
Powai, Mumbai 400076