IDC, IIT Bombay
- 1979 Baroda BFA (Painting) Faculty of Fine Arts M. S University,
- 1982 National Institute of Design, Ahmeadabad Certificate in Animation Film making
- 1998 S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications Syracuse University, NEW York, USA M.A (Television, Film, Multimedia)
- 2006 Onwards Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India Doctoral Research
- 2007 Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay, Mumbai Associate Professor (Animation and Visual Communication)
- 2006-2007 Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay, Mumbai Visiting Faculty (Animation and Visual Communication)
- 1985-2006 National Institute of Design Faculty of Communication Design (Animation, Video, New Media, Software and User Interface Design, Information and Digital Design & Graphic Design)
- 1983-84 National Institute of Design Teaching Assistant, Co-worked on the curriculum for Animation Advanced Entry professional Education Programme which commenced in 1985.
- Visiting faculty at National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Indian
Institute of Craft Design, Jaipur and at the Media and Cultural
Studies program in Tata Institute of Social Science, Mumbai.
- A member of the advisory committee of the Media and Cultural Studies
program TISS Mumbai.
Specific Areas of Work:
Teaching, Research and Practice in the following areas:
- Animation Films
- Visual Communiaction,
- Visual Culture
- Installation Art
- 2002 -2006 Ford Foundation Matching Grant For Digital Inclusion, NID E-Kaavad, Repurposing traditional forms of communication for primary education
Awards and Fellowship:
-2008 Mukand and Riaz shared the best animation award with Varun Deori
(Animation student also at IDC) at the International Video Festival
Kerala, organized by the Kerala State Chalchitra Academy Trivandrum,
between 23rd and 27th May 2008.
-2007 Nina's illustrated book 'My Mother's Sari' published by Tulika and
NorthSouth was adjudged an outstanding international book in the USA
by United States Board on Books for Young People and the Children's
-2006 Mukand and Riaz gets a certificate of merit at Digicon 6 organised by
the Tokyo Broadcasting System, Japan.
-1998 State Lalit Kala Academy award for painting.
-1997 Received a nine-month Fulbright fellowship in Communications Technology to study at Syracuse University, New York, USA.
-1987 A two-month UNDP (United Nations Development Program) fellowship received to travel and study animation in Belgium, Holland and UK. Belgium: Royal Academy of Art, Ghent Holland: Training with Monique Renault , UK: West Surrey College of Art & Design.
-1985 Best Animation film prize for Drawing! Drawing! at the Shorts Film Festival Calcutta.
Industrial Design Centre,
Indian Institute of Technology,
Powai, Mumbai 400076